I am not ready for the cold and the darkness. I want warmth, and light and frivolity and going outside when it is still light at ten in the evening and colour and flowers --and--and--
Five long months to wait until new growth appears, with plenty of flowers and fresh green leaves.
Summer was great but now oh lord, proceed:
it's time to place the dark onto the light;
it's wind in flight across the fields we need.
Fill final grapes with sunshine till they burst.
Grant them another two subtropic days,
so they will be made perfect by the rays
to slake the need for sweetness in our thirst.
Who's now without a home, will build himself none.
And he who's now alone, will ever so remain,
will stay up late, read books, write letters vain,
walk restlessly around and feel undone,
while blowing leaves will drive him near insane.
This is for Our World Tuesday.

6 comments:
I'm still enjoying fall and trying not to think too much about the long winter ahead. Stay warm!
Look at those very lush colors of autumn ~ thanks ~ beautiful photo!
Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^
Such a pretty shot.
Just awesome...have a nice day.
What a wonderful photo! Such lovely colours. Thank you for stopping by my blog. What do the artists do with their paper work after an exhibition? I would imagine they sell it and make lots of money!
I hope you have warmth in your winter months. But such joy in the coming of spring! Have a wonderful week, enjoy autumn and thank you so much for visiting my blog last week.
Post a Comment